from here http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/hardy/alpha6 you can see note
saying "XFS cannot be selected in the alternate and server installer's
partitioner; this will be fixed in the next build. If you need this,
run chmod +x /lib/partman/finish.d/70aptinstall_xfs
/lib/partman/valid_filesystems/25xfs from a root shell beforehand. The
desktop installer is not affected." maybe that's the problem you
encountering.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Dave Kempe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just installed hardy alpha 4 yesterday on a server and noticed that the
>  option for formatting XFS drives was missing in the installer.
>
>  Is this a policy decision I missed somewhere?
>  Or just a bug?
>
>  dave
>
>  --

Regards