I want to point out one thing related to this.

It's actually a good thing for Ubuntu that so many people are crawling out
of the woodwork trying to claim it's bad/insecure/<insert negative comment
here>, why?

It means Ubuntu is gaining ground in the right direction, more people with
less *nix experience are trying it out and while they some may complain I
would venture to say the slient majorty is happy churing right along with
Ubuntu.

-Nick