i believe there should be at least a document about securing an Ubuntu
server after the default install. I "grew up" using slackware as a server
and i don't really care if a server is "hard" to set up as long as the core
OS is secure, and i had no idea that the home directories in Ubuntu were
world-readable, my fault i know, but i assumed it was default  in all linux
installs. I understand the concept of "linux for humans" but humans should
also secure their servers.

On the other hand, the applications is completely other subject, i mean,
they are supposed to be configured, and not left with default settings,
specially public services as mail/database, etc.

Bottom line is, the article may not be good, but it is a great tool as
feedback for the server team, and constructive critisism is needed to
improve overall.

Keep up the good work.