On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:30, Jan Claeys <li...@janc.be> wrote:

> This might be a topic for the ubuntu server team to address:
>
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/postgresql-development-priorities-31886#2783966

I recently installed PostgreSQL as part of the installation of OpenERP
Server [1] on Ubuntu Server 9.04 with no trouble whatsoever. I was able to
sudo su as the postgres user out of the box. That might be the information
the thread commenter above was missing.

I used an excellent tutorial from an OpenERP consulting parter & had nary a
hiccup [2].

[1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/jaunty/openerp-server
[2] http://www.aulaerp.com/aula/mod/resource/view.php?id=151

Sean

WARNING: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency
may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do
this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor
protection save to demand reinstatement of the Bill of Rights.

Bill of Rights Defense Committee: http://www.bordc.org/threats/spying.php
Electronic Frontier Foundation: http://www.eff.org/issues/nsa-spying
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bill_of_Rights
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/bill_of_rights.html