On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 15:58 -0500, Sean Fenton wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 15:30, Jan Claeys <li...@janc.be> wrote:
>         This might be a topic for the ubuntu server team to address:
>
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/postgresql-development-priorities-31886#2783966
>

> I recently installed PostgreSQL as part of the installation of OpenERP
> Server [1] on Ubuntu Server 9.04 with no trouble whatsoever. I was
> able to sudo su as the postgres user out of the box. That might be the
> information the thread commenter above was missing.
>
> I used an excellent tutorial from an OpenERP consulting parter & had
> nary a hiccup [2].
>
> [1] http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/jaunty/openerp-server
> [2] http://www.aulaerp.com/aula/mod/resource/view.php?id=151

The point is exactly that. It's pretty easy to figure it out once you
dig in for 5 minutes in google, but i know many ppl have turned out of
postgres, just because they couldn't manage to log in straight away.
It's a matter of making the script ask for a user/password and changing
one line in pg_hba.conf.