Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Etienne Goyer wrote:
>
>> Hey Paul!
>>
>> A long time ago, I looked at what it would take to enable NFS4 ACL in
>> Ubuntu.  Not a lot much, basically:
>>
>> 1. Package nfs4-acl-tools from
>> http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/ .  Should be fairly
>> straightforward, but it might be too late as we are past feature freeze.
>>  Maybe if we ask nicely we can get an exception and have it uploaded to
>> universe.
>>
>> 2. Optionally, have the acl package (set/getfacl) patched to support
>> NFS4 ACL.  As you may know already. NFS4 ACL are not quite compatible
>> with the POSIX one, so this is slightly risky.  There is an IETF
>> draft[1] that propose a mapping, and I believe this is what the UMich
>> patch to the acl userland tools implements.
>>

>> I would absolutely love to do the work above, except I am out of time
>> for that :(   If someone take care of it, I will try and make time for
>> testing, promised.
>>
>> [1]: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-nfsv4-acl-mapping-03.txt
>
> I've done that already (without the gui though, just like on fedora):

> maybe it should be uploaded to lucid now?

I believe universe has not gone into feature freeze yet, so yes, why
not!  Let us know if you do, and I will make time to test it in the next
couple of weeks.  Also, would you consider getting the package uploaded
to Debian, if you have not done so already?

As for the acl patch for get/setfacl, I think it might be too late to
push these in Lucid.  Plus, main is in FF, so this will have to wait for
lucid+1 anyway.  There is a Debian bug on the topic, #290874, that has
further information.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

  ~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~