Hi!

On 11/08/2010 23:02, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> Have you gotten that impression?  Does the above policy deserve some
> clarification?  Perhaps that "general" Ubuntu development discussion
> should land in #ubuntu-devel, while Server-specific development
> discussion is encouraged (or belongs) in #ubuntu-server.  That's just
> status quo, as far as I'm concerned, though.

+1, if all server, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, etc development had to be
discussed on ubuntu-devel it would get quite noisy there. It's easier
for people to just subscribe to the more specific development lists
they're interested in and keeping ubuntu-devel for the stuff that's
common to more developers. Also, traffic on ubuntu-server is quite low,
doesn't really sound worth while splitting it into a -devel list :)

-Jonathan