On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Peter Matulis
<peter.matu...@canonical.com> wrote:

> You can transfer the volume over the network and end up with another
> volume if you create one on $remotehost beforehand of the same size.
> Then have netcat listen on some port, say 9000, and pipe it to that new
> volume:
>
> $ nc -l 9000 | sudo dd of=/dev/vg/backup
>
> Then on the source:
>
> $ sudo dd if=/dev/mapper/myvolume | nc $remotehost 9000

Ok this is some thing I would be trying in next 24 hours.
I am having a doubt LVM is a block device do I not need to create an
LVM of same size on the remote machine to be able to do so?
The LVM on the original server stores a guest OS running,on KVM on Lucid.
so will I be able to boot from the LVM copied with the above method on
KVM running on destination server.
Given that I create xml for guest in similar fashion.