On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Ahmed Kamal <ahmed.ka...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Yes you need to create the target LVM volume on the target server before
> copying over network.
Here lies the problem.
When on Server A whose LVM backup I am taking when I created LVMs
I created 4 different LVM within same Volume Group but these four have
different OSeS
I did not partitioned them into swap or ext4 type of things.
I just installed the Guest OS from virt-manager and that broke the LVM into two
even if I do an lvscan I see only one LVM but inside it is divided
into two parts.
One holds ext4 and another holds swap partition how can I repeat this
thing on Server B
but this time I have to do manually.

Even if on Server B I create same sort of structure how will I
partition an LVM into two?
I am not asking to created 2 LVM and convert one to ext4 and another to swap.
The same thing exist on A but probably this was taken care by the
Ubuntu Installer
i.e. process of breaking an LVM into two parts and converting one to