On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Ahmed Kamal <k...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 03/05/2011 03:24 PM, Abhishek Dixit wrote:
>>
>> So if some one has to host 100 million websites and if 10 million asks
>> then the web hosting company has these 10 million IP addresses?
>
> Websites are different. Due to "Name Virtualhosting" you can host multiple
> websites (thousands) on a single IP address. The web server knows how to
> serve the correct one through http headers

Very correct.But I see people given root access in these situations
also and other than websites people are given a lot of server access
with dedicated IPs and SSH access so how do they acquire so many
IPs.Are these web hosting companies responsible for the finishing of
IPv4 addresses.
--
Regards
Abhi