Here are some useful links I found:

This one has ALL info you need to set it up, also its straight from the
developers and written in a very clear way.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/install.html#id2551954

This one is for troubleshooting, it has helped me TONS of times to figure
out what is happening.
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/diagnosis.html

This one is for natty clients, specifies how to connect your clients to a
server and provides various ways to do it.
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Natty#Samba_File_Sharing

Also I just read you said all on your server was good, if you are sure of
that then you know its a client fix and you shouldnt touch the server.

By your smb.conf I see you have a REALM setup as JOE.OFFICE.COM, do you have
an Active Directory on this network? If you have then you need to join the
AD domain before you do anything and you should have mentioned it when you
first wrote email asking for help :D cause its an entirely different
situation if you are on an AD domain than if you just want samba to handle
everything.

If you DONT have active directory, then there is no need for the
JOE.OFFICE.COM realm, and you should verify also in your clients.

I would suggest you start with the troubleshooting link (2nd one) and then
come back with your results.

Hope it helps!

--
X1R1