On 09/13/2011 03:44 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
On 08/18/2011 01:49 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
On 08/17/2011 06:33 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
Hi folks,

As you know Adam the maintainer of the serverguide had stepped down. I'm trying to assemble a team of server oriented folks who are interested in reviewing the Ubuntu server guide (making sure all the info inside is fresh and accurate), this is only part of it, the team would also work on creating a fresh chapter on UbuntuCloud (openstack+orchestra+Ensemble).

If you are interested, please raise your hand

Cheers

Wow, I have been bombarded with interested contributors! Thanks to everyone who replied offering to contribute, this is how we "Ubuntu people" get things done! For everyone wanting to contribute, here is what you need to do:

- Visit: http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide
- Pick a sub-chapter you would like to review, add your launchpad name to the end and change status from TODO to INPROGRESS Example: 4.2TCP/IP (TODO) would become 4.2 TCP/IP (INPROGRESS)(YOUR-LP-NAME) - That pad page also has instructions on how to grab the serverguide and work with it - If you've never used bzr before, this tutorial can be useful: http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/mini-tutorial/ - If you need any help, ping me kim0 on irc. I hang out on #ubuntu-server or #ubuntu-cloud. Or shoot me an email

Note: While we've broken down the work items by sub-chapter, I would like to encourage you to own a full chapter since that should help with consistency

Thanks again for offering to help, we have a limited time frame till 11.10 is released, so your prompt contributions are very welcome. Let's start crunching

Hi Team,

We are almost half way through this month. My soft goal is to have all chapters in a merge proposal by end of this month. If you're interested in a nice graphical representation of approximately where we are, please check this out
http://cloud.ubuntu.com/2011/09/serverguide-review-progress/

- If you'd like to help with this effort, your help is needed and time is not on our side. Please do adopt a chapter on http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide all instructions are already on that page

- If you already adopted a chapter, kindly update your chapters' status to one of:
  * TODO: Someone needs to adopt this
* TODO + YourName : I am planning to review this sub-chapter. It will be ready for a merge proposal by end of this month
  * INPROGRESS: I am already on it, will be ready by end of month
  * PROPOSED: Merge proposal filed
  * DONE: Merged

Cheers

Hi again,

Oneiric is approaching *fast*. Please visit http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide and update your chapters' review status. Thanks a lot for everyone who has contributed to improving the serverguide. As usual, if you think you cannot review your chapters before 1st Oct, please consider reverting its status to TODO

Thanks