Hi Kyle,

I can certainly try it, though I don't doubt the latest versions of juju
> and maas work together, since I imagine that's the combination everyone
> tests. As you'll see below, my situation is a bit more complicated so I
> don't know that this will be a solution for me.

I do understand your concerns. However the use of juju from PPA also means
that if something changes in upstream juju (which is what's available in
the PPA - latest juju), then they might be breaking something with older
releases of MAAS.

For this reason, and more, it is also why we are in the process of
providing an update for MAAS in Precise (and Quantal). But not to worry, we
are currently looking at the issue now.

> I do appreciate your help. I'm in a tricky situation here because I'm not
> deploying juju and maas for my own needs; I'm trying to write official
> documentation for how to use juju and maas with precise so I would really
> prefer to avoid directing a reader to a PPA whenever possible because I
> fear a year from now someone will end up in the same situation I was in:
> big changes in one or the other that work if you are in the latest release
> but weren't regression tested on the LTS. Will the maas updates in the PPA
> land in precise-backports (so I'll need to document for the reader how to
> make sure that is enabled) or will it just show up as a standard update
> to the maas package?

The PPA version of the maas package will land in precise-updates, which
won't require users to add any other repositories.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further concerns, issues, need
some help or anything, please don't hesitate to contact me directly or
through IRC.

Best regards.

--
Andres Rodriguez (roaksoax)