Excerpts from Kyle Rankin's message of 2013-03-21 09:31:24 -0700:
> I do appreciate your help. I'm in a tricky situation here because I'm not
> deploying juju and maas for my own needs; I'm trying to write official
> documentation for how to use juju and maas with precise so I would really
> prefer to avoid directing a reader to a PPA whenever possible because I
> fear a year from now someone will end up in the same situation I was in:
> big changes in one or the other that work if you are in the latest release
> but weren't regression tested on the LTS. Will the maas updates in the PPA
> land in precise-backports (so I'll need to document for the reader how to
> make sure that is enabled) or will it just show up as a standard update
> to the maas package?

Hi Kyle! Thanks for doing this. Juju really does need more technical
docs and I've always enjoyed your documentation efforts.

There isn't really an official version of Juju for 12.04. It was
rejected for main inclusion for various reasons, and thus ships from
universe. Since then the python version shipped in 12.04 has slowed
down quite a bit in favor of the shiny new go version, which is nearing
feature parity with juju 0.6.

I personally can't recommend the python version, as it is rife with rather
large security issues, most of which are addressed in the go rewrite.

I'm sure you have deadlines, and this is tricky, but you might want to
focus on juju 2.0 when it comes out, and how it works with the latest
maas in Ubuntu 12.04 at the time, which will likely be the "current" maas.