On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 02:29:37PM -0700, Doug Smythies wrote:
> On 2019.09.15 12:04 Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > From https://launchpad.net/serverguide/+series it looks like the intent
> > was to have one series per lts, but it is missing bionic,
>
> Actually, bionic is not missing, but it is still called "trunk".
>
> O.K. then I suggest, we split out "bionic" from "trunk", and continue
> as we have done in the past: "trunk" will be called "trunk" until about
> 21.10 (or until we know what to change it to , if you prefer);

That seems like a good suggestion to me, it sounds quite workable.

> Sorry, but I don't know. I have been over my head with the serverguide
> for years. Subject matter expert input is desperately desired/required.
> For many years now the claim has been that it was difficulties with
> the "DocBook" stuff that was one major stumbling block to more corrections,
> revisions, and new content. I'm just hoping that is true.

That, yes, and also the server team had been understaffed until
recently, but with both those resolved hopefully serverguide will start
getting more attention moving forward.  At least, the server guide
updating has been coming up in team meetings recurringly recently.  I
think it's safe to expect to see movement pick up through the rest of
the year.

> Perhaps naively, I don't know, but I was hoping the entire server team
> would now start picking away at the bug reports.

I'll try to make mention of these bug reports in any task prioritization
discussions that come up.  A lot of these do look like they'd be easy to
address, the bigger task is in adding missing content and deciding what
obsolete materials need culled.

I'm curious if moving to discourse will simplify the workflow to enable
more drive by copyedits to get incorporated more directly, but guess
we'll need to see how that evolves.

Thanks again, great ideas and suggestions.

Bryce