On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 02:53:25PM -0700, Lena Voytek wrote:
> LP: #1996846
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tftp-hpa/+bug/1996846> -
> tftp-hpa - tftpd-hpa refuses to start if ipv6 is disabled
> User requested a change in functionality, recommended filing a report
> upstream.

This reminds me of a similar complaint about nginx packaging. I think
our conclusion there was that unless upstream support otherwise, the
packaging expectation is that users who customise their systems to
disable IPv6 also need to configure the service to not attempt to bind
on IPv6, and that from the perspective of Ubuntu the workaround
presented is actually the required configuration, and the bug as
reported is therefore Won't Fix.

> Robie stated we should add a new how-to in the auto install section to make
> an ISO image that embeds a desired auto-install configuration, and others
> agreed. No need to follow-up here but this would be a great addition to the
> docs.

I wonder if we should track that as an outstanding task somewhere.