Bugs last updated between 2023-07-14 (Friday) and 2023-07-16 (Sunday) inclusive
Found 24 bugs

Only 3 of the 24 required triage attention, rest are already processing:

LP: #2027838  libvirt-uri-sh overrides configured default
  --> Tagged server-triage-discuss for Wednesday's meeting.
  - This script is an adaptor for xen, which I wonder if is an obsolete
    use case?  If so, reporter's suggestion to drop it might be valid.

LP: #2027921  chrony failed to install due to conflict with systemd
  --> Incomplete
  - Asked reporter for some further clarifications.
  - I am not seeing other reports of this problem, so suspect it may be
    something unique to the reporter.  Neither logs nor report are
    detailed enough to make educated guesses yet.

LP: #2027913  mysql-8.0  Failed to install
  --> Duped to LP: #1914636.  Most likely just a dupe of that.
  - I noticed LP: #2002828 also probably another dupe and duped it
  - source_mysql-8.0.py already has a check + prompt for missing
    /etc/mysql, perhaps that could be broadened to look for
    /etc/mysql/conf.d/ as well?  I.e. something like:

    if not os.path.isdir('/etc/mysql'):
        ## ...
    else if not os.path.isdir('/etc/mysql/conf.d'):
        report['EtcMysqlConfdDirListing'] = str(False)
        response = ui.yesno("The /etc/mysql/conf.d directory is missing, which "
                            "suggests a local configuration problem rather "
                            "than a bug in Ubuntu (see LP: #1914636). "
                            "Do you still wish to "report this bug?")
        if not response: # user cancelled or answered No

            report['UnreportableReason'] = "Missing /etc/mysql/conf.d directory"
            return False
    else:
        ## ...

    Lena, what do you think?

Discourse Comment Triage Helper
Showing comments belonging to the Server category on
https://discourse.ubuntu.com, updated between 2023-07-14 (Friday) and
2023-07-16 (Sunday) inclusive
Get started with LAMP app… [Joshua Powers]
└─ 86256 [Allynna McCleod]
   └─ 91509 [Sally Makin]
      └─ +92415 [Volvodemort, 2023-07-16]
ROCK Images - Introduction [Bryce Harrington]
└─ 92100 [Seth Arnold]
   └─ 92292 [Samirakarioh]
      └─ 92293 [Seth Arnold]
         └─ +92299 [Cristovao Cordeiro, 2023-07-14]

The first item relates to use of tasksel, which I am not accustomed to
so am unclear on how it should be used on modern systems.  I've updated
the docs to address the mentioned error, however I'm unclear if tasksel
is actually doing anything or if it is broken... or unnecessary.

Is tasksel only included for legacy purposes at this point, or is it a
workflow we actively support?  If the former, maybe it should be dropped
from the docs; if the latter than perhaps the tasksel workflow needs
some further attention?

Bryce