On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Cory K. <coryis...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Eric Hedekar wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Cory K. <coryis...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Ok. I'm not convinced this is right for Studio this release. My vote is
> >> to remove it and revisit it for Karmic.
> >>

> > I'm not on the studio team, but I see no major issues with it.  Removing
> it
> > could cause many newbies great confusion and possibly troubleshooting
> woes.
> > My vote is to keep it - if I get a vote.
>
> "Confusion" how?

The confusion I thought might arise would be from new users who rely heavily
on forum posts, howtos, and regular ubuntu documentation etc... that all say
their computer should behave in way_X and actually behaves in way_Y.  From
reading many posts in the forums, I've seen quite a few newbies who still
can't understand why Intrepid's RT kernel doesn't work well for audio -
despite the many many many warnings on all the documentation.  (I'm just
using this particular bug as a documentation/new user issue, I'm in no way
comparing kernels to notifications)

I will fully admit that I haven't researched how "ready" the notification
system is yet, but I've had only minor glitches through most of my Jaunty
testing (seems to be working right now).

-Eric Hedekar