On Sep 9, 2010 11:13am, Louie Queral <louiethecu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay, so lets have a collective consensus on what we need to do with the website and actually go forth with it. I would be more than willing to help lead this operation, but we need others that are also willing to take out more specific tasks and roles.

We need things such as: Graphic Designers, Web Designers, Content Staff (makes blog posts every now and then related to ubuntu studio, we can all help out with this), and someone to help out with servers and mirrors

Those are just a few of the positions that I thought of in my head, I'm sure there are some others.

We also need to stick with a general layout for the site and go from there.

-Luis

I just finished a move to Chicago and am in the process of getting a job, by which I mean, I will have a lot of free time. So I can volunteer to help. I'm in the process of setting up my on-line portfolio, but if you want to see my work, this website is the main one I've been developing:

http://www.sunmachine.coop

It's still a bit rough around the edges, but I think it'll give an idea of what I do. It's developed in Drupal, too, which is what it appears the UbuStu site will be using. As far as web design goes, I'm knowledgeable with Drupal, JavaScript and jQuery, CSS and (X)HTML. I know a little PHP, and have started learning HTML 5, which I'm very excited about.

I'll send a link to my portfolio when it's up, but for now here is a small sample of some of the poster work I've done. All of this is a combination of original hand-drawn art and coloring in GIMP, with layout and text in Inkscape:

http://www.sunmachine.coop/sites/default/files/pictures/summer_jam_poster_web.png
http://www.sunmachine.coop/sites/default/files/pictures/summer_jam_poster_web_0.png
http://www.sunmachine.coop/sites/default/files/pictures/sun_machine_flyer_5_web.png

So, let me if I can help out and in what way.