On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Louie Queral <louiethecu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> we've had tons of ideas thrown back and forth, we just need to all
> collectively agree on these different ideas. Things like the layout, design,
> and content of the site are all things we should come up with a conclusion
> for sooner than later.
>

>> Been a very long day, going to be a bit short with this email.
>>
>> @ Cory - Right.  I agree, keep all the info here, not only is it in one
>> place, people are already here, and it's archived for everyone to see.
>>
>> @beejunk - Hey thanks!  Yes you can really help.   I like the links you
>> already posted and I really look forward to seeing your portfolio.  If you
>> can work up some ideas for the Ubuntu Studio site that would be great also.
>> Rough mock ups would be cool, anything tangible.  You can see the rough site
>> map here:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/TaskWebRevamp
>>
>> Also, if I gave you some ideas for art do you think you could turn that
>> into reality?
>>
>> @louie & Chris - I really appreciate your enthusiasm and tenacity, however
>> I think we need more ideas, examples, and mock-ups rather than designating
>> positions and creating separate forums.  Not trying to be an arse, just
>> straightforward and honest.
>>
>> ScottL
>>

>> --
>>

> --

I agree that we should keep all the development on this list.  It will make
things easier.

Scott, I would definitely be able to work from any ideas you throw at me.
My 'original' output is unpredictable.  I do get good ideas, but they tend
to strike randomly, so if I needed to come up with a design by scratch it
could take me weeks.  However, I would be able to take the already proposed
layout ideas, as well as ideas on an overall theme, and build from there.

Speaking of themes, it seems all we've got so far is Cory K's logo theme, as
well as some simple layout mock-ups.  It also seems that everyone would like
to see something 'simple'.  What else would people like to see, in terms of
atmosphere?  For example, should it looks slick with all the shiny button
stuff that's all over the place these days, or should we go for something
entirely different?  Say, a punk DIY look, or a stylized comic book-like
theme?  It really doesn't matter, just curious what you all think.

Finally, how does one go about getting access to the site?  For instance, if
I were to set up a new theme, I'd need access to the 'user 1' account, or
some account with appropriate privileges.  I'd also need FTP access of some
sort.  What is the policy for this?

--
-Brian David