On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 01:40:21PM -0400, Ronan Jouchet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today's daily studio spin fails to install at "select and install
> software" step and presents a red screen asking to retry or skip, even
> if I uncheck all of the four package choices (2d3d, audio, dssi, video).

Confirmed, I used the daily of 20100917 amd64 arch. If you hit Ctrl+Alt+F4, you
can see where it fails. For me, it was foomatic-db-compressed-ppds conflicting
with foomatic-db.

I was explained that the installer tells apt to install them both at the same
time, so apt gets confused.

No idea if it's the same with your case, but likely.

> I've been told on IRC it has been reported some days ago on this ML but
> I couldn't find anything. Should I file a bug? Need more info here?

I was also explained that most of the time these errors are due to package
states, but this one might be puzzling. I'd suggest filing a bug if you can't
find one already, like you said.

--
Jaska