On 09/18/2010 02:58 PM, Janne Jokitalo wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 01:40:21PM -0400, Ronan Jouchet wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Today's daily studio spin fails to install at "select and install
>> software" step and presents a red screen asking to retry or skip, even
>> if I uncheck all of the four package choices (2d3d, audio, dssi, video).
>
> Confirmed, I used the daily of 20100917 amd64 arch. If you hit Ctrl+Alt+F4,
> you
> can see where it fails. For me, it was foomatic-db-compressed-ppds conflicting
> with foomatic-db.
> I was explained that the installer tells apt to install them both at the same
> time, so apt gets confused.
> No idea if it's the same with your case, but likely.

Same, indeed: foomatic-db-compressed-ppds conflicting with foomatic-db

On 09/18/2010 03:00 PM, C K wrote:
 > It's most likely in standard Ubuntu as well? Have you tried one of
 > those disks built on the same day?

I just performed the test; the ubuntu-alternate iso of the same day
installs properly, so the problem seems to be UbuntuStudio specific. I
created bug #642405 (wasn't sure where to create it, please adjust the
project/package):
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntustudio/+bug/642405