On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Ronan Jouchet <ro...@jouchet.fr> wrote:

> I forgot to mention I used the -lowlatency in both cases.
>
> On 10/07/2010 11:36 PM, Ronan Jouchet wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Today I did some ISO testing and here are the results:
> >
> > - Studio installed from ubuntustudio-alternate iso works fine.
> >
> > - Studio "installed" from ubuntu-desktop iso + ubuntustudio-audio
> > metapackage is a disaster. Mountains of xruns even when doubling the
> > latencies reached with no xruns on a studio install. While this has
> > always led to a non-optimal result, it used to work and was good enough
> > for many (like ttoine and I), with the advantage to stay close from a
> > standard ubuntu install.
> > Note: I did the usual setup in groups and limits.conf.
> >
> > Did I miss something or did something really change a lot between 10.04
> > and 10.10, making ubuntu+ubustu-metapackages a non-option?
> > I like Ubuntu's package selection! I like the new font and desktop
> > polish! I like having a standard install! I like network-manager even if
> > it means losing 1ms latency!
> >
> > Thanks for your help :)
> >
> > -- ronj - http://ronj.bandcamp.com

Have you tried disabling Network Manager applet while running audio (by
right-clicking on the app and turning of networking)?  You can then turn it
back on once you are finished recording.  If that works, it would mean you
would not be able to have your Internet connection while running JACK.

I have in the past had no problems with Network Manager on one version of
Ubuntu, only to find that it caused a lot of trouble on the next release.
--
-Brian David