On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Jorge G. Mare <jorge.g.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Cory,
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 6:42 PM, C K <coryis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Jorge G. Mare <jorge.g.m...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Howdy,

>>> It is great to see creative and apparently very talented people
>>> involved in this. But, can you please make this process more open and
>>> inclusive, so that those of us who will be affected by this initiative
>>> (i.e., myself with regards to the new website) can have a chance to
>>> provide input and influence the outcome before the fact?
>>
>> Hmm... Well, that's what I felt I said by sending this email in the
>> 1st place. :(
>
> Your message indicates that you are already working on the new art
> elsewhere with this other people, and that the rest of us will be
> informed at some point in the future. But if I misread your email, my
> apologies. :)

I am currently in the very early stages (like 2 or 3 emails worth) of
working out thematic ideas.

Once there's something to show, I'll CC some folks. (as said in my 1st email)

I would ask them to join our list but the past has shown me that it's
never as useful as hoped and they never want our other email. Most
folks I've asked don't want to be bothered.

The GTK and XFWM/Metacity themes I will be taking care of with the
Shimmer folks without input from others.

The wallpaper, LightDM, Plymouth and images for the website will all
have a consistent message and will come from Izo. Once he and I have
some sort of a direction I'll CC Scott and Jorge.

@Jorge: Honestly, I'm not looking for many opinions as to the thematic
elements that will represent Ubuntu Studio so my plan is to bring you
in once we have some images. I know you'll need particular sizes for
things, as well as come up with ideas after seeing some early images.
Things won't be set in stone but somewhat of a path will be chosen by
Scott and I once Izo has had some time to be creative.

--
-Cory K.