On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 07:54:06AM -0400, Cory Kontros wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Luke Yelavich <them...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
<snip>
> > If you want gcdmaster, then someone needs to step up and 1) maintain it, and
> > 2) port it away from legacy GNOME libs.
>
> Should we at least start a new effort? "GTKCDmaster"? Maybe we start a
> project to make a replacement app? Start off by going through its UI
> noting what works/doesnt. I'm sure we can get a good plan going. We'd
> just need a coder.
>
> Thoughts?

My initial thought was to try and port it away from the legacy libs. I could
have a look over the weekend and see how big of a job it would be.

If that looks as it wouldn't make any sense, then I'm also in favor of starting
a replacement. I just would probably do it in Qt, if it was all up to me.
Sharing the effort with others could persuade me to use other techs, of course.

--
Jaska