Audacity's jack problem comes from portaudio, to retain cross compatibility.
It will only show a source or sink when active.  Not optimal for standard
jack use.  But it is true,  it is a very good editor

No dia 16 de Ago de 2011 23:38, "Gerhard Lang" <lang.gerh...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Audacitie's cooperation with with jack is disgraceful. But indeed, for
it's capabilities I see no comparable linux alternative.
> So I vote for retaining
> Gerhard
>

> Am 16.08.2011 09:02, schrieb David Henningsson:
>
>> On 08/15/2011 03:38 PM, Scott Lavender wrote:
>>>

>>> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:50 AM, David Henningsson
>>> <david.hennings...@canonical.com
>>> <mailto:david.hennings...@canonical.com>> wrote:
>>>

>>>    Hmm, seeds and that is not my area of expertise, but I seem to be
>>>    missing audacity?
>>>
>>>    --
>>>    David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
>>>    http://launchpad.net/~diwic <http://launchpad.net/%7Ediwic>
>>>
>>>    --
>>>

>>> David,
>>>
>>> Audacity was consciously removed from the seeds.
>>>
>>> I would infer that you believe it should included.  May I ask why so?
>>

>> Well, the last time this was up for debate, you asked me to write down a
use case or workflow, and so I did, see:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Workflows#Simple_recording_of_concert.2C_conversation_etc