> I always pull out anything that supports digital rights management, pay
> music, pay software, etc from all of my machines. Ubuntuone (largely due
> to background daemons that consume resources) , software-center(can be
> used to install pay software, banned from my systems), and all of Mono(too
> much BS) are removed and all available A/V codecs as well as synaptic are
> installed.  I have never heard ot mutually incompatable codecs other than
> versionitis being released.  We could of course advise people "consumer or
> producer, choose one," but that makes us too part of the problem.

I am noticing that my Xubuntu 11.10 does not  seem to have Ubuntuone or
software-centre in it. I am thinking that if US is built on top of
Xubuntu, where is ubuntuone coming from? Do the Xubuntu guys start with
ubuntu desktop and go from there? Maybe they just haven't taken it out
yet. It seems it does not have to be there anyway. Is there a way US can
add a deselection of ubuntuone to it's specification... even if it ends up
not being selected in the first place?

The point is, ubuntu one breaks US and it seems it also runs in the
background using resources better used for recording/sound/video
production. I suggest US does not need it.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net