On Thu, January 26, 2012 2:52 am, Ralf Madorf wrote:

> If you lock the door, you could run into trouble, if the studio catches
> fire and btw. it's a safe bet that somebody will knock at the door. The

I thought of that after.

> A balancing act regarding to the realtime group issue isn't worse the
> effort. Newbies should use a pre-build audio distro where the first user
> already is member of the group audio and for a radio station where the
> DAW has got several user accounts, there should be an audio engineer
> being able to be admin.

I agree. If it wouldn't confuse a new user too much, it would almost be
best to install with two accounts, one that starts a session bare of
almost everything for multi-media work and one for desktop use with bells
and eye candy. Trouble is, I'm lazy, I don't want to have to log out and
in and if I do it would be too tempting to leave both sessions running so
I can switch between them (which would be worse). A button (menu
selection) that turned a bunch of stuff off would be nice, but just using
a stark desktop to begin with would probably be better.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net