On 01/24/2012 04:15 PM, Ralf Madorf wrote:
On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 09:48 +0100, David Henningsson wrote:
Or possibly one could add some kind of script that would give RT prio to
the current logged in user (and remove it if the user logs out)?

So you assume that there never will be more than one user be logged in?

I guess having more than one user being logged in *at the same time* is fairly uncommon. Just as ConsoleKit would remove ACL file permissions on logging out, maybe it could remove RT prio stuff as well. I don't know how possible this is though.

There's no need to remove a user from the group audio. There's no need
to handle this by a script.

If for a multi-user-system there shouldn't be an admin with knowledge,
it soon or later will cause issues.

One of the advantages of Linux is that the line between "single user system" and "multi user system" is blurry. E g, I could run a web server or other service on the same machine as I use for audio production. This is great, it saves hardware. If a malicious user breaks in to the web server, I don't want him to be able to use RT prio to lock down the entire machine.

If Ubuntu Studio wants to be insecure in that sense, I guess that would be okay (to me personally, I can't speak for Ubuntu's security team), but I would definitely not have it in the Ubuntu by default.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic