On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 08:27:51PM -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> We chose to use xubuntu as the base for ubuntu studio to ease maintenance
> issues. Hoping we could work with them to give both of us less work.
<snip>
> [...] Studio is based on xubuntu 11.10.

I don't understand this. Studio bases on current cycle packages every time, it's
not looking back in any way. The whole point is to not having to maintain
anything in the core package level, that would occur had we chosen to stand on
an older release only (eventually anyway, once the support from vanilla and
Xubuntu team ends).

Is this just a misunderstanding of some sort?

> Just remembered they enable gnome services by default, we don't. I would
> like to know why :) Maybe it would fix some of the bits we have had
> problems with.

I can check later today, I'm sure it's somewhere in the seeds.

> Anyway, I have installed xubuntu on my netbook so I can see what
> differences there are and if we should make changes too.

Which version did you install, and which version are you comparing it with?

Best regards,

--
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)