As smartboyhw pointed out, UDS(Ubuntu Developer Summit) is being restructured. Held now every 3 months, instead of 6, and it will be held online only.
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2013-February/036502.html

There's also a discussion going on about changing to rolling release, which might mean that 13.04 will never be released.
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2013-February/036537.html

We're currently following the discussions, and I suppose just getting our heads around what is going on. Nothing about the rolling release seems to have been decided, so it's really up for discussion.

I will be putting together something for UDS next week, and it will be important for us to participate in the discussions of these changes as they are held during that event. So, please participate in any way you can. I'll post details about what may be most important for Ubuntu Studio to keep track of as soon as I have more data.

So far, if we do get a rolling release, I come up with two thoughts on this:

1. We should have the power to stop package releases that present severe regressions. For this to work, we also need to do QA on those packages. This would include at least all the big multimedia packages that we have. Really just depends on the work needed for the QA (what can be automated and what not). There has been work done on automated tests, etc, to help making QA easy on some of the Ubuntu Studio specific stuff. Probably, I would just begin by listing the most important packages, and then see how to do QA on them.

2. It would be great if we can do custom snapshots of the rolling release. That way we can update our live DVD whenever we want to, and have our own release schedule for that particular release. Probably the only packages involved in preparation for such a release would be the ubuntustudio packages, and anything that has to do with installing.

I'd like for us to be active with PR during next week. We should let our users know what's going on :)