On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Marco BRUNO
<marco.bruno.iv...@gmail.com>wrote:

> A very interesting tools is "*CADENCE*" used in kxstudio. unlike qtjack in
> my opinion is much more intuitive.
> Another software that we use for our web radio *IDJC *is present (not in
> the latest version) in the ubuntu repos.
>  Another need that comes to mind is a software for the management of *tags
> *in media files. An example is *kid3 *but there will be many more.
> I maintain a web radio Creative Commons and the proper handling of tags is
> crucial.
>
> Finally, it would be nice to have a *voip client *that works with *jackd *
> (without pulseaudio).
> Ciao!!

14.04 will release in april. ideally, these will be packages that are
already in the default repos. anything that is currently in could be
suggested to be removed, and anything that is currently in the default
ubuntu repositories could be suggested for inclusion.. anything more
complex than that, such as having new, non-repo package introduced would
work better by including them upstream into debian and going from there.
after getting them into debian, they sync down to ubuntu, and then we talk
about including them, as far as licensing and other issues.

the pulse to JACK bridging technology is really what is in place to address
a JACK friendly voip client.. JACK is open, and *any* voip software
developers are always welcome to include support for it. i have used mumble
which was (at that time) supporting JACK thanks to falk from the KX team.
(falk *is* the KX studio team, BTW)... cheers!

>> > How strict is the license policy?
>> >
>> > http://www.linuxsampler.org/downloads.html
>>
>> PS: I guess to answer the "why" isn't needed.
>>

>> --
>>

> --

MH

mikeholstein.info <http://www.mikeholstein.info/>