On Thu, Feb 13, 2014, at 07:39 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> There are third party Debian repositories for LinuxSampler and likely
> for Cinelerra too. Please Kaj, take a look at licenses and Debian's
> policy before you recommend that people should package some software for
> the official Debian repositories. LinuxSampler and Cinelerra can't be
> part of the Debian repositories.

I'm just saying, if you want a package included in Ubuntu Studio, first
make sure it exists in Debian repositories. Otherwise, we won't be
including it.
The discussion about licenses is better suited for the Debian bug report
that is created if and when someone decides to try get cinerella or
linuxsampler packaged and uploaded there.

If there were more Ubuntu Studio devs, and more time, it would be likely
that one of us would look into that. But, for now, we just focus on what
already is available :).