On Sat, 31 May 2014, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

On Sat, 2014-05-31 at 10:21 -0700, Len Ovens wrote:

Ok... so what does jwm offer that twm,fvwm,openbox, etc. do not?

I don't know what they offer, but because you care about e.g. menue
entries, it e.g. is possible to include the Debian menu to the JWM menu.
However, I agree that staying with Xfce4 is good for newbies, but
because you thought about adding a light weighted alternative to Xfce4,
my recommendation is JWM, because it's one of the lightest WMs that
already come with a panel.

Point taken. ease of maintenance is probably a bigger concern that size of code. I am sure that has a lot to do with the change of ideas from lxde to xfce.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net