Hi all not sure if this maybe related. I downloaded the Ubuntu-studio i386 image and copied it to a new usb using Startup Disk Creator and also burnt it to a DVD.
Booting into live Desktop works fine and I was able to install it to my Hdd.
I do get an error though when selecting how I want to set my disks up.
In Ubiquity when clicking next it will show an error ubi-timezone failed with exit code 1.

If you click try again it just repeats, and if you quit it crashes the installer, but by clicking continue anyway it finishes the install successfully. Checking the time and date with "date" shows UTC, the correct date but the time is in PM instead of AM.

I have filed a bug for the ubi-timezone error.

thanks
Rue.