On Sat, 13 Jun 2015 14:29:51 +0200, Grant Frank Burton wrote:
>Greetings all
>

>in gedit bottom of page appears and disappears. there is no way to
>edit the bottom lines of text document already saved.
>
>I seen several people report similar things but I think mine is
>different. so I made a screen video in case you want to see.
>​
> gedit-error 2015-06-13.mp4
><https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7_fHqdHPVwkSDFMeEJkRmFWTXM/edit?usp=drive_web>

Such issues, at a rough guess a few thousands similar issues, in my
experiences are normal for modern GTK3 applications. The perfect
replacement is the GTK2 version of Pluma. It's the Mate replacement for
Gedit, optionally compiled against GTK2 or GTK3.

A few recommendations

SpaceFM GTK2 version is much better than Thunar, I never tested the
GTK3 version.

ROXTerm is GTK3, but anyway the best available terminal emulation, e.g.
list a directory and then resize the xfce4-terminal window or test any
other terminal emulation and then check ROXTerm.

I'm used to Pluma GTK2, but sublime-text GTK2 likely is one of the best
editors, there are a few editors, that are better then Gedit is.