ALL software that reports back to its authors (phones home) can place users
in certain categories in physical danger. Here's an example: UbuntuStudio or
any other Linux media distro is likely to be used by social activists media
makers
like myself.

Suppose while you are uploading a video about police brutality via Torbrowser
the
package updater contacts the Ubuntu repos.  Let's also assume the same computer
has ever been used with the same operating system to run a Facebook account.
Data
from Facebook might give police enough information about the computer to connect
the access to Ubuntu's servers plus the timestamp to the time the post was sent
plus
the IP address the computer was connecting from. Since the computer could not
have
been in two places at one time, this timing attack defeats Tor and identifies
the poster.
Even worse, the timestamp and IP address from the Ubuntu server may be enough
for a
direct "confirmation attack" against Tor itself to directly trace the packets
from source
to destination. Examination of security camera footage may then identify the
poster
himself for arrest or worse.

To secure that situation would require that the poster either use the computer
for
nothing else and certainly never commerical social networking sites, find and
disable
every last "phone home" option, or preferably both. One thing we do not have in
any
Linux distro I have tried is a privacy/security manager that will show a user
in one
place every possible program that phones home and enable or disable all of
these
options from a single place.