On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:28:15 +0200, ttoine wrote:
>why not the latest CC-by-sa 4.0 ?

Hi,

I don't want to read texts I'm anyway unable to understand, because
they are written in lawyer language, instead I prefer to read how to
make a svg file look equal, what ever application is used to open the
svg file.
Assumed I should use the Ubuntu Studio logo from the
ubuntustudio-icon-theme package, can I update the license?

$ dpkg -l ubuntustudio-icon-theme|tail -n1|awk '{print $2" "$3}'
ubuntustudio-icon-theme 0.16
$ grep CC-BY-SA /usr/share/doc/ubuntustudio-icon-theme/copyright
License: CC-BY-SA-2.5

[ironic] If somebody should misuse a Creative Commons spray paint
stencils, would the police in some countries knock on the doors of the
copyright holders? [/ironic]

Sharing art was much easier in the punk-rocking 80s. Still today I
would make my own art public without a license.

The other question was about meta data add by applications. I didn't
miss a law that nowadays enforces us to mention the used tools to
create a jpg, png, svg?

For art I made in the past I never mentioned Canon AE-1 Program,
DeVilbiss Aerograph "Super 63", Yamaha DX7, Yamaha SPX90II, Fender
150XL or what ever else was used.

A wallpaper I already made without the Ubuntu Studio logo includes

$ exiftool Pictures/moonstudio_wallpaper_1.png | grep Comment
Comment                         : Created with GIMP

because it's a default for GIMP. Is it just craving for recognition by
the coders or do they help to fulfil laws?

I never mentioned, if I used a Da Vinci Kolinsky or a No-name
Kolinsky or if I used water-colours from Schmincke or not.

My understanding is, that comments mentioning the software that was
used can be removed. Namespace data for svg sometimes perhaps can't
be removed, but I guess it's allowed to rename "Adobe" to "foo" and
"Inkscape" to "bar".

I'm serious! I've got concerns against all that sharing of data.
Making art I don't have secret recipes, I'm willing to share all
information, but I dislike to include advertising and privacy data to a
file of a picture or song.

Regards,
Ralf