On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 08:47:55 +0200, Set Hallstrom wrote:
>I would really like to see a manual on anonymization and basic privacy
>hygenia. Or some links to information about it on the website. I think
>it would be very beneficial to reporters using ubuntustudio.

A lot of users are not aware about the email headers.

Get in contact with somebody on a social network, share emails, take a
look at the emails headers. Sometimes a private server is listed. Go to
a page such as https://www.denic.de/ and you can start stalking,
because they provide address, telephone number and fax number. No need
to be a geek or NSA employee.

If no private server is listed, then perhaps a selfie is helpful for
stalking.

http://blog.stevenocchipinti.com/2011/11/removing-geotag-data-from-jpgs.html/

Some people don't have concerns, they guess this data is comparable to
data provided by phone books. They miss that phone books don't provide
data that is useful for profiling, while all that digital meta data
makes profiling easy and phone books seldom inspire strange longings,
but a social network easily does.

The combination of data is the issue. Your pictures comments mention
"GIMP", so in combination with other meta data I now know what
brand of cigarettes you are smoking and what sexual preferences you
have, "GIMP" was the missing data for profiling.