On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, floccul...@gmx.co.uk wrote:

On 25/11/15 19:25, Len Ovens wrote:

Gedit seems to have gone wonky... it is not broken, but for some reason the devs have hard coded stuff into it that should be left for the window manager/theme engine. When I opened up gedit in 16.04 it has an inch wide grey "picture frame" around it and no wm decorations. It makes it's own
gedit and many other gtk3 things are broken atm

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1518661

So the grey frame will probably be fixed, the missmatched window decorations probably not. GTK3 is ugly. (at least right now) I can see why people are jumping off the gtk wagon.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net