On Mon, Dec 21, 2015, at 11:08 AM, C. F. Howlett wrote:
> Yeah about that:
>
> I have looked at the art work produced for the other derivatives, and I
> admit to a great deal of envy for ubuntukylin's design and prodigious
> output.
>
> I am unconvinced that we are fully obligated to comply with Canonical
> Design requirements sole exception being logo use.  As it happens, I
> have the *official* ubuntustudio logos released by Ubuntu Design.  I
> would like to upload them to the bzr site, but I have yet to figure out
> the method.

I'm not sure about the logo, if you are referring to the Circle of
Friends. We have our own design, for sure, though it is derived from
Ubuntu.
Also, the name Ubuntu Studio I think is a trademark of Canonical. At
least the "Ubuntu" part is.
In some way, all of what we do is derived from the same base: Ubuntu. I
would say, as long as we don't do anything stupid, I'm sure we'll be
fine.

Before making any changes to the branch, make sure you have got the
latest changes first with the command:
  bzr pull :parent

To add anything to the bzr branch, add the files to the folder like you
normally would. Then, from the command line add all new files with
(don't forget the punctation mark):
  bzr add .

To commit your changes, do (add your own description):
  bzr commit -m "describe your change here"

Then, upload:
  bzr push :parent

> As regards the photography rules, I suggest that as a dedicated OS for
> *art creation*, we have a wide discretion and latitude. I am not
> suggesting a photographic free-for-all, but I submit that imposing
> restraining rules on creative output is somewhat contradictory.
>
> So: questions.  Do we / should we have a wiki page?  We have had a
> community art page in the past, but it seems to be defunct.  Should we
> resurrect it?

Feel free to create a new page or change an existing one if that makes
sense. Use the root https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork, i.e.
something like UbuntuStudio/Artwork/UserContributed. Put a link to the
art sidebar so everyone can find it easily.

As it so happens, there is a page exactly like that, but you may want to
start a new one, or reorganize the existing one. You can find it here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork/UserContributed

These pages are not among the sidebar links
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CategoryUbuntuStudioArtwork.

Also, there may be more artwork related pages here, if you want to take
a look: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/SubPages