On 07/07/2016 05:58 PM, Set Hallstrom wrote:
>> Also I still think that a clear, "official-ish" message from the
>> > core team of Ubuntu Studio would be a great asset. So far, I have
>> > been telling people that "If NEC students provide bug reports,
>> > Ubuntu developers will respond to fix them". Does that sound
>> > correct?
>> >
> No, it doesn't sound correct. We are a small team of volunteers working
> for the love of Art under the Ubuntu (canonical) umbrella, and we
> haven't given you any such promises. Have you talked to Canonical?

Okay, I get it now. Thanks!

I am trying to get in contact with Canonical.

It is just that the "Studio" in Ubuntu Studio is a much more promising
sell for a music school that is generally fearful of venturing into the
unfamiliar world of technology.

I will start communicating with Canonical about partnership stuff. Thanks!

If I get students, I will say that they can join the Ubuntu Studio
community and show them where to go (mail list, IRC, website)--I think I
can promise that (with no other promises).

Thank you!
Devin

--
Devin Ulibarri