Hi Ubuntu Studio team,

>From the thread on Ubuntu-devel/discuss [1] I'm going to start
conversations with each flavor on what their plans are for i386 in the
18.04 timeframe.

The general ideas are either:
*Start Dropping i386 for Ubuntu Studio now*
A. Drop Ubuntu Studio i386 ISO for 16.10
B. In addition to A, also block upgrades by dropping packages from
i386 archive (not sure what would make sense).

Some Pros:  Halves the test cases you need to go through.   Reduces
bandwidth usage and makes it more obvious for new users what to
download.  (Read other thread for some others)

*Wait until after 18.04 and then reconsider dropping i386*

Pros:  Maintain older hardware running Ubuntu Studio for another 2+
years (up from 3 years).

Thoughts?
Bryan

* You could consider any packages that are 100% specific to the
Ubuntu Studio flavor.

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2016-June/039420.html

i386 - To be clear I mean any 32-bit x86 platform (usually AMD/Intel/VIA).