On 30/03/17 12:56, Ross Gammon wrote:
Development:
1. Len did some excellent work on ubuntustudio-controls this cycle, but we needed to revert back to something like the state it was at Revision 128. I tried to do this, but may have made some mistakes (r130). It crashed when I tested it, and I haven't had time to get back on it. It may be too late to get a freeze exception for this, but if someone was keen to try.........

OK - looks like I made a mess of the revert. Replacing the glade file with the one from revision 128 (which I thought is what I did before) works. I am in the middle of testing to be sure.

But just to note, that for me the CPU governor setting does not stick for me in a US Zesty VM. Looking at the code, I think it is because the file layout is different in the VM. The file that is modified to add the "performance" setting does not exist. It could just be a Virtual Box thing, but it makes me wonder if the files & paths change according to the CPU type and kernel drivers?

Anyway, I will prepare an upload and see how it goes. We can keep working on it in the next cycle.