Set,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018, at 9:25 AM, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> > My first step was to read the the wiki. There's a lot of great info
> > <snip>
>
> The wiki needs and diserves a lot of work. This would be a great place
> to begin contributing. I'll see what i can do to accelerate you getting
> edit permission. I would just need you to sign the Code of conduct of
> ubuntu before i go ahead with that.
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/100275/how-do-i-sign-the-ubuntu-code-of-conduct

Signed.

But even as someone who knows their way around GPG, that was harrowing. No
musician or artist experimenting with linux on a live-usb for the first time is
going to successfully navigate that process to correct a wiki typo. I don't
know if that means it's only worth recruiting among existing ubuntu
contributors, or we need to find ways to get people involved outside
launchpad... but anyone with a half an hour to get their feet wet is going
bounce off that process and never return.

If any other new folks find the code-of-conduct signature process as mystifying
as I did, this was the simplest guide I found (though the key-import screenshot
is wrongly about ssh-key import, which is different than the gpg-key import you
need to do to sign the CoC):
https://www.wikihow.com/Sign-the-Ubuntu-Code-of-Conduct

Cheers,
Lococo