Hi!

We are not dependent on xubuntu specifically. All the flavors have
access to the whole ubuntu repository. Some of our desktop side setup
inherits xubuntu packages as we use xfce. If wineasio is available on
ubuntu repos, users at least should be able to install it.

Generally the bottom line problem with any of these issues (similar to
the earlier comment about cadence, I'd honestly love to see Carla and
Godot game engine in repos too) we need someone to package them, for
debian or ubuntu.

Packaging for debian is a tricky issue. 1) We need people with
experience to package these programs. Ideally we should hold a workshop
to get more people trained in this sooner than later (I know I was
hoping for that when I joined the team but due to various reasons that
didn't happen :) ) but none of the programs mentioned above are easy,
introduction level cases. 2) Debian requirements can be strict and that
can conflict with some features of some of these programs. Also
sometimes new software or updates with substantial changes can take a
while to get approved as there needs to be a manual review of the
submitted packages. (People on mailing list might remember the issue
with Krita package)

If debian repos is not possible, it is possible to sometimes put things
directly into ubuntu repos. This is done on a case by case basis. We
could talk to Kubuntu team to learn about details of this procedure as
they do maintain a kubuntu repo.

I would be willing to help doing communication side of this if someone
wants to work on packaging, but especially if we have a repo it means a
responsibility and commitment to regularly update and maintain that
repo. Do we have people who can commit medium to long term to do this?
It won't be a one time task. :)

Of course there is also the option of snap packages that can be worth
investigating.

I hope this is helpful and not discouraging. :)

Best

Eylul