On 04/01/2018 06:51 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since building QjackCtl is easy to do, the rules and control files at
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/qjackctl are helpful to do this, for
> testing purpose consider to build a snap for QjackCtl, for usage with
> jackd/bus and jack clients, from the regular install, outside of the
> QjackCtl snap container.

This is good advice thanks!

> Suggestions based on hearsay, without any efforts to provide results,
> often tends to be close to bikeshedding. Before building a wineasio
> snap, try to find out why building wineasio has got tendencies to fail,
> maybe the issues are from that kind, that building it with it's own
> dependencies gains you nothing and first learn to build a snap for
> something real-time audio related that is easy to build, but requires
> communication via ALSA or jackd with clients and/or hardware.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

While I don't want to single out Ralf, I am going to not ignore this
because this is something that does come up on FLOSS projects often.
Giving a partial answer and a place to start is not to making
suggestions based on hearsay. This type of gatekeeping comments, while
well meaning is what keeps especially beginners and intermediate skilled
people from sticking around long enough to gain more experience. That in
return results in volunteer attrition and as prevents knowledge from
being communicated. Let's try not to do that. Either way part of the
question was how to make something available for ubuntu studio users to
install via repos, and that was the answer to that part of the question.
These are the options. Whether which of them are technically viable is
the following question to answer.

Thanks :)

Best

Eylul