Hi All,

The problem with the calf plugin is fixed in Debian! lmms now only
recommends calf-ladspa or whatever it was called, instead of Depending
on it, which was wrong!

The problem now, is that even though the new Debian version of lmms
builds fine on all architectures, it does not build on ppc64el in
Ubuntu. Therefore this latest version is stuck in -proposed.

I have not had time to understand what the difference in build
environment is between Debian and Ubuntu, or whether it is because the
build dependencies are different.

I have not had time to contact upstream about it either. It will not be
a fun discussion anyway, as we are several versions behind upstream, and
they are up to v1.2.0-rc7, so are probably working on getting the final
release ready.

The temporary fix is simple (to stop the LiveCD failure). Revert the
seeds change and exclude lmms.

Another possibility, is to upload an Ubuntu version changing the Depends
to Recommends. But then I am worried we will run into GCCv8 build
failures on amd64 & i386 which is the other fix included in the latest
Debian version.

Hopefully I will have a chance to dig further this weekend, but I can't
guarantee it.

Ross
PS: I will do the temporary fix now though. That is easy.