> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:49:07 +0100> Subject: Re: problems cleaning up in
> ardour> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com> >
> Just started with the ubuntustudio stuff ...> > [...]> >> and I have to
> re-take a lot...which means that a lot of> >> useless audio gets saved in the
> song files. for instance,> >> the last song I wrote has a whopping 8 gig .wav
> file!> [...]> > My hard disk is chock full of random useless recordings of
> bad takes I> > forgot> > to delete while I could still keep track of what
> they belonged to, and> > sorting this mess out is almost impossible.> >> >
> Thankfully we have cheap hard disks these days. What's another 40 gigs to> >
> preserve the random three gigs of real stuff I might have laying around?> >
> Although my real stuff might even be only half of that.> > I hope that was
> meant ironically.> > > Anyway, I'm not helping you, and I apologize for
> hijacking your plea for> > help, but I also thank you for the source of
> amusement.> > Nice to see someone being amused of it ...> For me unnecessary
> wasting of any kind of resources is no> source of amusement at all, even if
> it is the 'cheap' hard disk space> (plus the 'cheap' time for extending and
> reorganizing my hardware and> possibly reorganizing the whole file system,
> plus the 'cheap' power> consumption needed for additional drives, ...)>
> Really, hearing that with ubuntustudio I'm probably on the way to> dump my
> disks full of useless stuff without an easy chance to avoid> that makes me
> think about the seriousness of this tools ...> > I think like me, Greg wants
> to use his time for making music> and not mainly maintaining the devices.> >
> Would all tools I use (Graphic tools, office suite, development environment)>
> work this way, I would get rid of it instead of paying money to keep my> own
> personal waste dump running.> > KR> A pensive mind> > >

whoa! I didnt want to start a war of words here...All I wanted is some answers
from fellow musicians.  But this is more an ardour issue than a ubuntu studio
issue.   its just that ardour crashes when I start the cleanup tool.

dont get me wrong too, the result I got from the ardour/hydrogen/jamin trio
were good enough to make me consider reformatting my drive alltogether and
forget that horrible windows environment forever.

the only thing is if  I cant copy one song folder on one DVD, and I cant split
the folder without messing up ardour, then how am I supposed to backup my work?

thanks in advance, greg.> -- > Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list>
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: