On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 19:00 -0500, Cory K. wrote:
> Jonathan Leonard wrote:
> > This was the first track I finished using Ubuntu Studio:
> >
> > http://www.jonathanleonard.com/songs/2007/mp3/reapers_wish.mp3
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > jonathan adams leonard
>
> This comment is in now way a reflection on the quality of you work. :)
>
> Once, just once, I want to hear someone record a band using Ardour and
> open-source tools.
>
> To me, all the synth stuff is just too easy as its all digital.
>
> If someone doesn't beat me to it, I for sure will be putting together a
> system for recording _just_ live instruments.
>
> -Cory \m/

Here are three pieces recorded with live instruments and bands:

http://www.nquit.com/Sounds/AaronTrumm/01Albums/Bleed/06AaronTrummWar.mp3
http://www.nquit.com/Sounds/AaronTrumm/02Singles/ApollosLastStandSingle/AaronTrummApollosLastStand.mp3
http://www.nquit.com/Sounds/AaronTrumm/03UnreleasedTracks/AaronTrummVoodooDaddyWithFullBandUnreleased.mp3

I was looking for stuff that I had done, but the technologies were so
mixed on my live recordings, I couldn't be sure.  These are definitely
not new tools.  We have been using Ardour to record live instruments and
ensembles for at least three years.  The guy featured in these mp3's,
Aaron Trumm, has 6 commercial releases with all open source tools.

Someone told me about a couple of big name releases that were done in
Ardour, but I couldn't find confirmation.  The fact is that the
production team I work with has produced more music with open source
tools in the last 4 years than we did individually and together for the
previous 15 years.

Larry Lines